In the Guest Chair:
Atlanta traffic. We all know the struggle. Luckily for us, Natalie Dale, Spokesperson for Georgia Department of Transportation joined us in studio this morning to ease our minds! Natalie acknowledged that each trip on the GA roads is personal and the Department of Transportation is working to make travel a breeze! She also dished on preparing for winter weather and explained that they are working with local meteorologist so that GA is prepared for whatever weather comes our way!
Denise Smith, Founder of Peace of Thread joined us during hour two. Peace of Thread is helping to empower women refugees and make a difference in their lives. Through sewing, the women are able to make money and spread their wings. Purchasing a high quality, hand-crafted purse from a refugee woman, is the perfect Christmas gift this year! Give a great gift AND give back! What’s better than that?!
Tis the season to put your house on the market! Real Estate expert and all around great gal, Jere Metcalf of Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty joined us during hour two. Jere explained that when putting a house on the market, both the buyer and seller are emotionally involved. If you want to see a list of the beautiful houses currently listed by Jere, click HERE.
In the Local Headlines:
- Plans for New Hunger Games theme park near Atlanta are on hold – possibly for good…
- Cobb officials came down on hard on The Braves over traffic and transit plans for the new stadium
- Gwinnett County ponders its mass transit future
- APD recruiting young leaders
- ConAgra pleads guilty to shipping tainted peanut butter
- Atlanta Ballet Hosts 7,000+ Students for Nutcracker “Kids In Step” Performances (Dec. 14 & 15)
- The Honeydew Collective launches as a website for women, by women
In the National Headlines:
- Frito-Lay Drops Doritos Super Bowl TV Advertisements
- American Express Is Giving Workers 20 Weeks of Parental Leave and $35,000 for Infertility Treatment
- More Than Cookie Sellers: The Girl Scouts Buff Their Image
- Google launches Waymo and moves closer to self-driving cars
- Apple Begins Selling AirPod Wireless Headphones After Nearly Two-Month Delay
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .