In hour one, Tim Harford, the author of FIFTY INVENTIONS THAT SHAPED THE MODERN ECONOMY , and a Senior Columnist with the Financial Times called us to discuss the new book. We talked about three of the inventions in the book including The Pill, TV Dinners and the barcode! The book is a fascinating lens through which to view history. I highly recommend it!
Madeleine Goodhand, the Co-Founder & Director of Imagine Music Festival joined us in hour two to talk about how the festival got started and what to expect at this year’s event!
Imagine will be returning to Atlanta Motor Speedway this September 22-24, 2017 for the fourth edition of the festival. This year’s performer highlights will include: Above & Beyond; Deadmau5; Tiësto; Pretty Lights Live and many more. For more information: http://www.imaginefestival.com/
In the local headlines:
- Tiger launches on dog in Henry County ( http://www.ajc.com/news/traffic/tiger-launches-dog-henry-county/k9fiC7yQdqK5mOjEXqjxQL/ )
- Keith Parker leaves MARTA, an agency he helped revive, for Goodwill ( http://bit.ly/2eDaT8M )
- Georgia hotels fill up as Floridians prepare to flee Hurricane Irma ( http://www.ajc.com/news/state–regional/georgia-hotels-fill-floridians-prepare-flee-hurricane-irma/g7nGomKtECbSSVJwL4zcKP/ )
- Is the retail mix at the Shops Buckhead Atlanta too luxe for locals? ( http://bit.ly/2eCNR1P )
- Atlanta-based franchise group planning to hire 1,500 employees in one day ( http://bit.ly/2eCPRHd )
In the national headlines:
- Schools around the US are finally pushing back their start times — and it’s working ( http://read.bi/2iYYfpN )
- Hollywood Hopes ‘It’ Can Pull Box Office Out of the Gutter ( http://on.wsj.com/2ez57VJ )
- Movie studios and cinema chains are eager for a hit after a summer that included several big-budget flops Lego Will Cut 1,400 Jobs as Profit Dips, Despite Big-Screen Heroics ( http://nyti.ms/2iZ0glu )
In the Women on Wednesday headlines: