In the guest chair:
ST!R Marketing is a storytelling agency, using communication to connect businesses with their clients through all forms of media.
In the headlines:
- Georgia is THE state with the fastest growth in the number of women-owned firms between 1997 and 2015. Go us!
- Downtown Atlanta will rename a major street in honor of Ted Turner. Good idea?
- CloudTags, a company whose tech is aimed at using tech to help brick and mortar retail stores increase sales has raised $2M.
- Girl Scout Cookies are BIG business in Atlanta…Nearly 25,000 girls in Atlanta sold 3.8 million boxes of Girl Scout Cookies for nearly $15 million in 2015, according to the Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta Inc.
- Atlanta has fallen to #12 on the list of destination cities to visit over Memorial Day Weekend.
- And the American Apparel vs. Dov Charney drama continues with lawsuits being thrown around like confetti. Dana says, “You gotta know when to fold ‘em.” He really needs to get a life. A new one. Not the one he had before at American Apparel. That’s kinda over. And has been for some time now. Sheesh.
Join us on June 8th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our June selection is GOOD TO GREAT by Jim Collins. If you’ve been meaning to read this for years, now’s your chance! Or, if you read it years ago, time to refresh! Location TBD. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.