In the guest chair:
Ruth King, CEO of Profitability Revolution joined Dana to discuss small business profitability and tips for understanding the accounting side of your business.
Profitability Revolution provides a one stop, video resource to serve the needs of small businesses via the users’ mobile device and/or computer.
In the headlines:
- The Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau posted a list of 10 romantic dinner spots here in Atlanta just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- Delta Airlines has donated $1 million bucks to the Atlanta Zoo. It’s their biggest donation to the Zoo to date and the money gets matched by The Woodruff Foundation, netting the Zoo $2 mil.
- Developer, Scott Leventhal has broken ground on his new high rise apartment tower next to Piedmont Park and is comparing the area to the Upper West Side in NYC.
- Sidecar, a competitor to Uber and Lyft is rolling out it’s same day package delivery service nationwide.
- Raving Brands and Moe’s Southwest Grill Co-Founder, Martin Sprock has been found NOT guilty of fraud against some of his franchisees.
- Taylor Swift is making biz headlines again for defending her trademarks against some Etsy crafters who were using her lyrics to make a profit.
- Deloitte is the first of the Big Four accounting firms to put a woman in the top job. Cathy Engelbert, 50, is now CEO. She has been with the company for 29 years.
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.