In the guest chair:
Geraldine Sparacia Semel, Founder and Designer at Geraldina Jewelry Corp. joined Dana in studio for a discussion on job transitions, jewelry making and moms helping moms in business.
Each piece at Geraldina Jewelry is hand crafted by Geraldine. Geraldina Jewelry is an international company, with many local locations in boutiques across Atlanta.
In the headlines:
- Waffle House has teamed up with Atlanta package delivery service, Roadie to make package delivery yummier.
- A former Delta employee gets 6 years in jail for his role in defrauding the company of $36 million bucks.
- Home Depot released their 2014 numbers yesterday saying annual profits jumped 18% to $6.3 billion plus, they announced the approval of an $18 billion stock buy-back. Time to move on to the data breach lawsuits!
- Did you catch Patricia Arquette’s Oscar acceptance speech, where she called for equal pay for women? There’s backlash. But of course… welcome to the interwebs.
- The hot internet retailer, ModCloth faltered a little in their meteoric growth last year, but now they’re ready to play in the big leagues. They’ve hired a new CEO, have plans for brick and mortar stores and are doing more in the plus size space.
- Should men get on the equal rights for woman soapbox? One did and some argued he should have let the women speak for themselves.
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.