In the Guest Chair:
On today’s Vein Innovations VITAL EDGE, Dana was joined by Dr. Lisa Perez of Vein Innovations. Dr. Perez talked health and beauty and explained why it’s important to know the cause of your varicose veins.
Mary Pat Matheson, CEO and President of Atlanta Botanical Garden joined Dana in studio to explain what events you won’t want to miss, including the return of the Chihuly exhibit.
During the second hour, Belinda Landers Jackson of Southwestern Consulting was in studio to talk business and sales.
In the Local Headlines:
- Graduation season is upon us – and getting a noteworthy commencement speaker is key
- Gov. Nathan Deal put his stamp of approval Tuesday on two transportation funding votes this fall in Atlanta and Fulton County.
- Turner gets into video on-demand with FilmStruck
- Atlanta sensor technology startup Lumense Inc. has scaled back its workforce and market focus and co-founder and CEO Mike Slawson left the company a couple weeks ago according to the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Zip lines planned at nine Georgia state parks
- Top Atlanta chef Linton Hopkins has brought a new dining experience to a serene Atlanta attraction.
In the National Headlines:
- The hashtag #WhenIwas took Twitter by storm this past week as women speak up about early instances of sexual harassment.
- More than 500,000 have signed a petition saying they will boycott Target over the company’s transgender bathroom policy
- The 2,000 full-time employees of the yogurt company Chobani were handed quite the surprise on Tuesday: an ownership stake that could make some of them millionaires.
- Snapchat speed filter blamed for 107-MPH highway accident
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.