In the guest chair:
Kelie Charles, Founder of Double Dutch Dolls, joined Dana in the studio to talk about the gap in the market for multicultural dolls. She shared the inspiration for her new line of books and dolls, and talked about what it takes to execute a startup.
Both were great fun and know what it means to take the next step with an idea.
In the headlines:
- The women of the Atlanta Police Department will be featured on a new TV show on the Investigation Discovery cable network.
- AT&T now says they will bring super fast Internet to Atlanta. Yeah, yeah – so you all keep saying.
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and his wife have donated 25 million to the CDC to fight Ebola.
- And speaking of Ebola, Emory faced a number of challenges treating the first 2 ebola patients flown back to the US last month. Will Emory become a destination for future cases… and, can they handle it?
- And Wells Fargo met it’s earning expectations in Q3 earning $5.7 billion. Knowing that, I’m thinking the employee who proposed a $10,000 raise for every employee may have had a point… How come the ATM I went to was broken?