In the Guest Chair:
Anisa Palmer, Executive Director of I Will Survive, Inc. joined us in studio during hour one. Anisa told the story of losing her mother to breast cancer at a young age. During her second deployment in Iraq, Anisa saw a mirage of her mother, and thus began her journey to starting I Will Survive Inc. Founded in 2010 in Atlanta, IWS serves primarily the disadvantaged communities to provide economic support, prevention education, and health and wellness services free of charge. On April 6, IWS is hosting a Night of Fashion Charity Event at Callanwolde! If you’d like to attend, you can purchase tickets by clicking HERE.
During hour two, Jami Buck-Vance, Director of Corporate Responsibility and Community Partnerships for Cox Enterprises joined us in studio. Jami dished on the importance of being a part of a company with a purpose and a heart for giving back. She explained the many ways Cox Enterprises is celebrating women. From supporting local organizations, to highlighting women of all levels in the company, Cox Enterprises values the community and the women who help make it amazing.
In the Local Headlines:
- Wells Fargo donates $1.2 million to Atlanta nonprofits
- Cumberland CID plans $5M ‘Urban Gateway Park’ south of SunTrust Park
- Poll shows Ossoff increasing lead in congressional race
- First time in weeks, Gwinnett leader stays for ‘racist pig’ protests
- Taxis suffer as Atlanta airport riders choose Uber, Lyft
- Anti-LGBT amendment delays adoption bill
In the National Headlines:
- Ivanka Trump Will Have West Wing Office, But No Official Title
- Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer Gets Reprieve From Hacking Criticism
- Expedia names Chelsea Clinton to board of directors
- Target unveils design for split-personality store concept
- Popular coverage for children under 26 may be health law’s Achilles’ heel
- Thinx Founder Miki Agrawal Accused of Sexual Harassment
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .