Happy International Women’s Day! From Nike to Girl Scout Cookies and finance, we covered it all during today’s Women on Wednesday show!
In the Guest Chair:
This morning, Alexa Schreck, Director of Marketing & Business Development (Simon) Sugarloaf Mills & Alantria Harris, Senior Director, Product Programs & Retail for Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta joined us in studio…and they brought Girl Scout Cookies! They ladies dished on the partnership between Simon and Girl Scouts of Atlanta and how Girl Scouts are helping young ladies thrive! You can get our favorite Girl Scout cookies until March 13th at Mall of Georgia, Surgarloaf Mills and Town Center at Cobb!
Believe it or not, fiances can be as easy as writing on a napkin. That’s according to Napkin Finance CEO, Tina Hay. Tina phoned in to give the scoop on her business, which is a guide to everything you need to know about money in under 30 seconds. The mission of the company is to empower readers to make smart money decisions and build a lifetime of financial well-being.
In the Local Headlines:
- Sprouts Farmers Market expanding in Atlanta
- TBS is launching a new streaming service (called Boomerang) with thousands of cartoons
- Robert De Niro film moves production to Atlanta (from Canada) in a last minute move
- Poll: Ossoff, Handel & Gray leading race to replace Price
- RadioShack closing stores, laying off workers as it heads for second bankruptcy
- BCBG Max Azria shuttering 100-plus stores, including three in Georgia
In the National Headlines:
- How Countries Around the World Are Celebrating International Women’s Day
- A Brief But Fascinating History of International Women’s Day
- Marines Shared Nude Photos of Female Colleagues in a Secret Facebook Group
- Starbucks unveils whiskey barrel-aged coffee. Yum!
- Tom Brady launches meal kit service
- Nike Launches ‘Pro Hijab’ for Female Muslim Athletes
- Men’s negotiating styles toward women grew more aggressive after Trump’s election, study shows
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .