In the Guest Chair:
Say ‘cheese’ on the count of three! Alice Park, Founder of Alice Park Photography joined us in studio this morning! Alice, who has a degree in engineering, told us her journey to becoming a professional children’s photographer. Alice explained that she and her husband co-founded the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP), what it means to be a woman in business, and offered some helpful tips on lighting.
From writing books to distilling whiskey, that’s right, Troy Ball does it all. Troy phoned in during today’s show to share her incredible journey from Texas to North Carolina, and how she and her family becoming involved in the business of distilling whiskey. Troy’s book “Pure Heart,” tells her tale of caring for her special needs sons and stumbling upon a business that would change their lives: Troy and Sons.
In the Local Headlines:
- Atlanta official fired, items from office seized by feds
- Embattled Gwinnett official walks out of meeting as protests start
- Samsung to put 550,000-square-foot hub in Atlanta
- 2 Chainz’s non-chain tapas restaurant fails inspection
- UPS to add Saturday ground delivery, tests delivery drone
- Rock legend Grace Slick slams Chick-fil-A
In the National Headlines:
- Wells Fargo fires 4 senior employees for ties to fake account scandal
- Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan head overseas amid US fight for ‘Equal Play, Equal Pay’
- More on the Uber Sexual Harrassment Claims
- Ivanka Trump’s Perfume Is Selling Like Crazy on Amazon Despite a Boycott
- Food for thought: Alexa, Siri, Cortana: The Problem With All-Female Digital Assistants
- Popeyes to Be Bought by Owners of Burger King and Tim Hortons
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .