In the guest chair:
Hour 1: Mary Kathryn Wells, Director of Marketing at The Shops Buckhead joined Dana to talk Valentine’s gifts and date options at the great restaurants in the new development.
On the Vein Innovations VITAL EDGE segment: Howard Bornstein, CEO of 2020 On-Site phoned in to talk about how his company brings optometry to your office saving time, promoting health and making it easier for employees to keep their “vital edge” at work!
Hour 2: Betsi Barrett, Senior Manager in the Credits and Incentives practice at Bennett Thrasher was in studio to discuss changes to the federal R&D Tax Credits.
In the national headlines:
- A British entrepreneur has made thousands of dollars selling air.
- The Wu-Tang Clan’s Ghostface Killah is taking on Martin Shkreli.
- Sports Authority is staring down the barrel of a possible bankruptcy.
- Sears is closing at least 50 stores…
- People are eating at Red Lobster because Beyonce told them too. Sales are up 33% after the shout out in her new song.
- Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons and co-founder of The Home Depot Inc. has been diagnosed with curable prostate cancer.
- The 15 women-owned businesses who will make up the inaugural class of the Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative were announced by Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed last week.
- Omega Communities is building a $45 million, 150-unit independent living, assisted living, and memory care development in Stockbridge, Ga.
- Gov. Deal is not happy with federal funding for Savannah Harbor project. He says it’s not enough and not what they committed to.