In the guest chair:
Dr. Paul Lopez, Charter Member with TiE Atlanta, joined Dana in the studio to talk about their recent TiEcon 2015 event and ways they are helping expose high school and university students to entrepreneurship.
Love and Profit’s Chief Love Strategist, David Papa called into the show to discuss having purpose and passion at work.
TiE Atlanta is a nonprofit venture devoted to entrepreneurs in all industries, at all stages, from incubation, throughout the entrepreneurial lifecycle.
Love and Profit is a consulting and training firm that helps forward-thinking leaders uncover their purpose, lead with values and passion, and connect with their people to build a tribal team.
In the headlines:
- Update on the pregnant Popeyes employee who was fired after being held up at gun point and turning $400 over to the criminals. Guess what she’s doing now? Suing…that’s what. For $5.5 million dollars. Sheesh.
- Chick-fil-A says the worry over a data breach this past December was a false alarm. They have finished their investigation and have found no evidence of a breach.
- Atlanta’s Mayor Reed is committing up to $12 million to public art in the City of Atlanta. The money will come out of the $250 million approved in the recent infrastructure bond.
- Atlanta is expected to welcome 50 million visitors to the city in 2015. Up from 48 million last year.
- Frontier Airlines is adding 6 new non-stop flights from Atlanta to it’s lineup.
“What if marketing was less about promotion or coercion and more about reaching out to people and helping them to solve problems?” Bernadette Jiwa answers this question and more in our May book club selection, MARKETING: A LOVE STORY: HOW TO MATTER TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Join us for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club meeting on Monday, May 11 at South City Kitchen in Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.