In the guest chair:
Chief Strategist at Laddering Works, LLC and regular show contributor, Eric V. Holtzclaw joined Dana in studio this morning to discuss eight steps for making a great speech.
Laddering Works was founded by Eric to educate clients on the “whys” of business: why customers buy, why teams work and the “entrepreneurial why.” As Chief Strategist, Eric guides start-up businesses on the path to professionally managed.
In the headlines:
- Things are getting back on track for Tesla Motors. In addition to being able to sell an unlimited number of cars direct here in Georgia, Governor Christy has also made it possible for Tesla’s to be sold in New Jersey as well. With all that happening, it looks like the company is now considering a new location in Alpharetta.
- Chick-fil-A has another treat to tempt you… and it came from the creativity of the their employees. It’s Frosted Lemonade: a combination of the company’s fresh lemonade and their IceDream vanilla ice cream. Yum.
- Atlanta based Aaron’s is trying to get back on course financially with a franchise business model that really needs foot traffic in stores to be successful when more and more of their customers are going digital.
- Mayor Reed has vetoed an airline contract due to what he says was not enough competition. Two city council members cry foul.
- Atlanta based NCR held this year’s shareholder meeting online. Only. Is this going to be a new trend? What are the pros and cons?
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.