Managing Director at Progressive Medical Center and regular contributor, Dr. Gez Agolli joined Dana live in studio to discuss brain health and the pros and cons of adrenaline. Dr. Agolli is a board certified integrative physician, with doctorate degrees in Medicine, Naturopathic, Nutrition and Public Health.
Progressive Medical Centers of Atlanta, Austin, Frisco, and San Antonio use an integrative medical approach to effectively address the underlying causes of disease. Integrative medicine is a comprehensive, science-based approach to medical care that draws on the best of many different specialties: natural medicine, allopathic (or conventional) medicine, diagnostic testing, nutrition, metabolism, detoxification, nutritional supplements, customized diets, acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage, among others.
In the headlines:
- The Atlanta City Council wants to make sure you call our airport by its full name. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Here’s what they’re saying according the Atlanta Business Chronicle: “use the proper name, or else.” The “or else” part might involve a letter asking you to use the correct moniker. They say you should use the whole thing, but if you have to shorten it, to go with Hartsfield-Jackson. Seriously lawmakers? Is this what we are paying for?
- Speaking of paying, AT&T has been hit with a $100 million fine for offering consumers “unlimited” data, but then slowing their Internet speeds after they reached a certain amount. The company says it will fight the charges.
- Amazon may be getting into the independent service economy for package delivery. Disappointed with the service and prices they’re getting from companies like UPS, Amazon is making other arrangements to get your package to your door. One of those plans is to use independent service providers – just like Uber, Instacart and TaskRabbit to get your package to your door. If it happens, it could be a real threat for UPS.
- Speaking of game changing innovation, Gillette has filed a new patent for a razor with shaving cream in the handle. No really. Game changer. Not.
- A new study shows Americans have gained confidence in the military AND small business. The same study shows congress and organized religion losing America’s confidence.
Join us on July 13th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.