The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company is a U.S. financial services mutual organization based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Its products include life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and employee benefit services. Northwestern Mutual also provides consultation on asset and income protection, personal needs, investments, financial planning, estate planning, trusts, business needs, retirement, and employee benefits.
In the headlines:
- Remember the Mexican restaurant, Rio Bravo? Well, back in November we told you they were back and planning to re-open (with a slightly modified name) in Sandy Springs in time for Cinco de Mayo. Hope you weren’t holding your breath… they missed that date, but are still moving forward and plan to open in August!
- The event company behind Bodies and the Titanic exhibit has seen decreasing revenue and decreasing profit of late, but they are hoping a new exhibit will turn that around. This one is all about Saturday Night Live. The exhibit opened in May in NYC, but Dana assumes if it does well, we may see a version of it move across the country.
- Speaking of weird exhibits and attractions, the company that owns and operates Atlanta’s giant ferris wheel is planning a new attraction… this one is a “drop ride”. Seriously? Dana votes no on this one.
- Some out of state investors have invested $10 million in some some historic Atlanta buildings just North of downtown. In 1885, 14 three-story red-brick buildings just north of downtown Atlanta became the city’s first apartments, they are known as Baltimore Row.
- Remember the Supreme Court ruling about Hobby Lobby not having to pay for birth control for its employees? Well, the Department of Health and Human Services has now implemented the ruling, and will ensure that closely held businesses that object to providing coverage for contraceptives won’t have to do so. At the same time, however, the rules ensure that employees of these companies will still be provided with free contraceptives.
Tonight’s the night! Join us for the Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.