In hour one, Dr. Gez Agolli, the Managing Director at Progressive Medical joined us in the studio to answer your health questions! You can submit questions all month long by posting on our Facebook or Twitter with #AskDrGez
Year Up Atlanta Leadership Council members Lyn Wilson and Jen White joined us in hour two to share the impact of the organization and the 2nd Annual Opportunity Run 5K Run/Walk event Saturday, September 23, 2017, at Grant Park, 840 Cherokee Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30308! Race start time is 8:00 a.m.!
In hour two, we also continued our STICK WITH IT SERIES with a recap of the first two weeks. We’ll continue next week with Force #3
In the local headlines:
- Mayor Reed weighed in yesterday on Amazon’s HQ2 city search ( http://bit.ly/2fk5N5l )
- IRS extends disaster tax relief from Irma to all Georgians ( http://bit.ly/2fiKCQW )
- Kasim Reed signs executive order to pause new Buckhead development ( http://on-ajc.com/2flFWK9 )
- The internet doesn’t like Gwinnett’s proposed new logo. Do officials? ( http://bit.ly/2fkdFnn )
- Report: Tom Price spent thousands on private jet flights ( http://bit.ly/2fjfEbx )
- WEI has extended the application deadline for the 2018-19 class of female entrepreneurs to this Friday 9/22. ( http://www.weiatlanta.com/ )
- SuperNova South coming up 10/2 to 10/6 – Atlanta’s longest running and largest tech conference Speakers from AT&T, Coke, IBM, Adobe and more…tracks include entertainment, built tech, fintech, health tech, IoT, social media, startup, and more! $249 for the full 5 day conference – Use the code SNSDANA for 50% off so $124.50 for 5 days of learning and networking!
In the national headlines:
- Welcome to the New Words – Merriam Webster adds 250 new words and definitions! ( http://bit.ly/2fk21bU )
- Among the new words are “froyo,” shorthand for frozen yogurt, “ransomware,” harmful computer software that requires a ransom in exchange for encrypted files, and “schneid,” a losing streak in sports. Facebook Looks to Curtail Ads Targeting Users Interested in Anti-Semitic Topics ( http://on.wsj.com/2xwiEIb )
- Sheryl Sandberg ‘disgusted’ by anti-Semitic ad targeting on Facebook ( http://cnnmon.ie/2xwdJqC )
- Apple Acknowledges Cellular Connectivity Problem in New Watch ( http://on.wsj.com/2xwx8YL )
- Pfizer Alleges J&J Thwarted Competition to Remicade, in Legal Test of Biotech-Drug Copies ( http://on.wsj.com/2xwxU87 )
In the health headlines:
- Dealing with chronic pain – Lady Gaga just announced that she has Fibromyalgia ( http://nbcnews.to/2xx40An ) and Selena Gomez also just had a kidney transplant because or Lupus.