In the guest chair:
We got an update on city news from AJ Robinson, President of Central Atlanta Progress on the show this morning. Plus, Nathan Taitt, CEO of Eclipse Web Media joined us to talk web presence, generating traffic and conversion.
Central Atlanta Progress is a private nonprofit community development organization providing leadership, programs and services to preserve and strengthen the economic vitality of Downtown Atlanta.
Eclipse Web Media blends web design, SEO and web video production to equip their clients with the tools needed to establish their company’s brand and presence on the web.
In the headlines:
- TAG’s big annual event, The Georgia Technology Summit was held yesterday at the Cobb Galleria. In addition to some great talks by Tesla and MIT, Airwatch CEO, Alan Dabierre was inducted into the TAG Hall of Fame.
- Speaking of Tesla, the Georgia General Assembly has ok’d the bill that will allow Tesla to sell an unlimited number of cars through their direct sales (no dealer) model here in GA. All that’s left is for the Governor to sign.
- The Governor now also has the medical marijuana bill in front of him. It has also passed the General Assembly.
- A California fintech firm called Riskalyze is putting their East Coast headquarters here in Atlanta. They’ll be moving into Midtown and bringing 60 new jobs to the area.
- Crowdfunders and tech startups are happy about a new rule by the SEC that will allow early fundraising for startups. In a surprise move yesterday, the SEC voted to let young companies raise up to $20 million from regular people without having to register with the agency… also without having to disclose audited financial statements or go through an arduous, state-by-state regulatory maze. The limit was expected to stay at $5 million.
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.