In the guest chair:
Rohit Malhotra, the Executive Director of the Center for Civic Innovation joined us in the studio to talk about social entrepreneurship and his vision for supporting and growing organizations with a mission to do good.
The Center for Civic Innovation(CCI) is a home for social entrepreneurs and civic changemakers in Atlanta, GA. CCI supports and invests in entrepreneurial ideas that improve the service delivery and efficiency of public organizations and that create new ways to engage local communities in decision making on the future of their city.
In the headlines:
- GM is offering gift cards as an incentive to get people to get their faulty ignition switches fixed.
- Dish Networks is racing to get it’s Over The Top (OTT) video service launched.
- Microsoft has forged a surprise partnership with Dropbox.
- The Republicans won big in Tuesday’s mid-term election and so did MARTA in Clayton County.
- And, The Port of Savannah has intercepted $2 million in counterfeit Hermes bags.
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday