In the guest chair:
John Monahon, a Partner with Trusted Counsel, joined us on today’s show to talk about what it takes to sell a business right now in Atlanta. He discussed how to prepare for a and structure a successful sale. He also talked about the current economic climate, and some common misconceptions about selling a business. Trusted Counsel is a boutique corporate and technology law firm representing privately held businesses, individual founders, and executive management. Their practice serves the full corporate life cycle.
Kevin O’Malley and Nate Kristy co-hosts of B2BCamp also joined us on today’s show to discuss today’s trends in B2B marketing. We talked about ROI and the numbers as well as the “arts and crafts” side of marketing. B2BCamp is a user-organized gathering focused on improving B2B marketing & sales with next generation tools and techniques. The event is an unconference where everyone participates and the session format and content is decided by attendees.
In the headlines:
- Atlanta’s Historic Flatiron Building has sold for close to $2 million dollars.
- The Federal Transit Administration and MARTA are moving forward with a study of a possible new light rail transit line that would run through the Clifton Corridor. (That’s the area from the Lindbergh MARTA station to the CDC and Emory).
- And the Cobb County Board of Ethics will launch a formal investigation into Cobb County Chairman Tim Lee’s actions in working to bring the Atlanta Braves to Cobb County. You know what’s dumb about this? The only power they have is to reprimand him.
- Not to be left out of the unveiling of things, Google is launching a new app to help manage your inbox.
- And this week we’re all about fun facts. Yesterday it was Georgia’s rule in blueberry production, today it is toilets. Yes, Atlanta is #8 on the list of cities that have the most residential toilets per person.
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday
Barbara Walters is a very smart woman, but apparently she doesn’t know the meaning of the word retirement. She’ll be back on ABC in December for a 10 Most Fascinating People Special. I think maybe she just wanted a retirement party and a cake. Which I totally get. Who doesn’t love cake?