In the Guest Chair:
During hour one, Dana kicked off our Friday right with an in-studio appearance by the one and only Amber Barry. Amber is the founder of Westside Yoga and host of Crazy Healthy Radio, a new show debuting August 21st on biz 1190. The ladies chatted about simple steps to improve your health in big ways. According to Amber, mindfulness is key to a healthier, happier lifestyle.
During hour two, Dan Rust, Founder and CEO of Frontline Learning phoned in to discuss the ups, downs and roundabouts of corporate culture. Dana and Dan dove into a topic that is very real and one that nobody seems to want to address: sexual harrassment in the workplace. Yes, it still happens. “Instead of judging women who are being sexually harassed at work, we need to come up with a real solution.”
Finally, if you’ve got something you want to brag about, let Dana know! Tweet @DanaHBarrett using the hashtag #shamelessselfplug and share your accomplishment. Big or small, we want to hear your success!
In the Local Headlines:
- HOPE Scholarship could run out of money by 2028
- Job growth pushes metro Atlanta population to 4,401,800
- Delta says flight operations have returned to normal
- Southwest Airlines computer outage costs could reach $82 million
- Atlanta company fined for allegedly stifling whistleblowers
In the National Headlines:
- Macy’s to Close About 15% of Stores, Cut Jobs
- Macy’s & Co.: Who else is closing stores?
- Arianna Huffington to Leave the Huffington Post
- Facebook Enlists Humans to Decide What’s ‘Informative’ in Your News Feed
- What is causing relatively low television viewership of this year’s Summer Olympics?
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .