In the guest chair:
Co-Founder of Cooleaf, John Duisberg, joined us in the studio today to talk technology and employee engagement.
Based in Atlanta, Cooleaf is a technology company that offers a web and mobile employee engagement platform for top workplace organizations. Companies use Cooleaf’s technology platform to setup, manage, and track their organization’s employee engagement programs.
John is responsible for overall product strategy and business development. Prior to joining Cooleaf, John spent 8 years in the healthcare technology industry focusing on new product development for EMR systems and 2 years with an e-commerce startup company.
“We’ve tried to build our company and service in an authentic way so employees are interested in being a part of it.”-John Duisberg
“When we first started we were humble enough to listen so that we would be able to adjust and bring value to companies.”-John Duisberg
“One of the most important skills no matter where you work or what position you have is the ability to listen.”-Dana Barrett
“We provide more value when a company has at least 100 employees.”-John Duisberg
“Companies get it. They want to have a flatter organization where people feel like they are connected and have power.”-John Duisberg
In the headlines:
- Taco Bell is hitting McDonald’s where it hurts. The Dollar Menu.
- The cost to raise a child has gone up – it is now around $234,900 for the 18 years. So not including college.
- Atlanta sneaker entrepreneur Antonio Brown and his LVL XIII (Level 13) shoe company are suing Louis Vuitton over a patent violation. Go little guy.
- Atlanta based Home Depot is planning it’s own “innovation center” at Georgia Tech.
- And Pinterest is trying to appeal to dudes.
- Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club. Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: ESSENTIALISM: THE DISCIPLINED PURSUIT OF LESS by Greg McKeown – and the meeting is Monday September 8th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!