In the guest chair:
Dan Bauer, President of ACG Atlanta, the Atlanta affiliate of the Association for Corporate Growth and CFO of the recently acquired medical device company CardioMEMS joined us in the studio along with Brian Betkowski, partner and co-founder of Jabian Consulting to talk mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
With M&As back to pre-2008 recession numbers, ACG Atlanta and Jabian Consulting offer great resources for Atlanta businesses seeking to expand and grow. The Atlanta chapter of ACG offers face-to-face events, online tools and structured networking opportunities, providing members with valuable business-building resources. Jabian Consulting’s Business Strategy Experts work alongside companies to help navigate a success route and keep plans moving forward.
And, of course, Brian reminded us that when it comes to M&As, “You get what you incent.”
Adam G. of SocialSave.com dropped in for the last segment and gave us the scoop on Atlanta happenings this weekend.
In the headlines:
- A local developer has pitched a $500 million dollar mixed use development project near the intersection of Holcomb Bridge Road and Ga. 400.
- Atlanta is planning for some bicycle lanes in midtown and downtown.
- The US Postal Service is adding Sunday delivery from 11/17 through Christmas Day.
- A couple of local tech companies have been acquired… Contact at Once is set to sell to New York’s LivePerson Inc. for $65 million. And ATDC company Vendormate is set to sell to Global Healthcare Exchange for an undisclosed amount.
- The retail travesty that is Black Thursday continues. More stores vowing to open on Thanksgiving day – and some vowing to keep their doors shut.
Has the stock market been rigged? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of FLASH BOYS: A WALL STREET REVOLT by Michael Lewis on Monday, December 8th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday