In the guest chair:
Cardlytics is a purchase-based data intelligence platform that makes all advertising better. They partner with major financial institutions to provide Card-Linked Loyalty programs, which deliver significant savings to customers and revenue to banks, securely and without any personally identifiable information ever leaving the bank.
The College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience is a 94,256-square-foot attraction located in the heart of Atlanta’s sports, entertainment and tourism district. The Hall provides fans with a highly-immersive, interactive and engaging experience using a blend of historic college football artifacts and state-of-the-art, interactive multimedia exhibits.
In the headlines:
- Alaska’s Mount McKinley will be renamed back to Denali – it’s original name given by the by Alaskan native tribes.
- Over the weekend, Ashley Madison’s CEO and original founder, Noel Biderman stepped down. Wonder what job you go for after that?
- Atlanta is getting its first micro-apartments. Gables at Emory Point near the CDC is working on its second phase which will include at least five units that will be less than 400 square feet, said a Gables senior vice president of investments. The units are leasing at $1,110 to $1,150 per month.
- Level 3, a telecom company with a big Atlanta presence is bucking the trend. They’re moving out to Gwinnett.
- Southern Co. (the parent company of Georgia Power) is set to acquire AGL Resources (which started out as Atlanta Gas Light in 1856 to provide gas lights for Atlanta’s streets). The merger will create the biggest electric and gas utility in the nation.
- And Clint Eastwood and Tom Hanks will be hanging out in Atlanta soon (if they’re not here already). Eastwood is directing Warner Bros.’ “Sully,” based on Capt. Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, who in 2009 successfully landed a commercial jet in the Hudson River, in Atlanta, according to ProjectCasting.com. Tom Hanks will star in the title role. Laura Linney and Aaron Eckhart are also in the cast according to iMDB.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.