SHOW NOTES 4/2/2014
In the guest chair:
Leslie Kuban, Franchise Consultant from Frannet joined me to talk about career reinvention and the fact that franchising is more than just fast food. We talked about everything from how much money you need to get started, to whether or not to take on a partner to what personality types work best for franchises.
And because it is Women on Wednesday on The Dana Barrett Show we devoted a little bit of time to talk about women business owners as well.
In the headlines:
- Atlanta Archbishop living large – and drawing some negative attention nationwide.
- Obamacare officially reached the 7 million mark in terms of sign-ups – but we still don’t have a full analysis of what the numbers mean.
- Metro Atlanta’s unemployment rate lowered to 6.9 percent in February as there were 23.3 percent fewer new layoffs
- And… a couple of interesting Atlanta acquisitions to talk about.
- Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed is engaged to be married and expecting his first child! (Do you think this country will ever be able to elect a single President?)
- Atlanta’s iconic Georgian Terrace hotel has sold for $61 million.
- AND Yahoo is expected to acquire Atlanta based News Distribution Network Inc. (NDN)