In the guest chair:
Regular contributor and Chief Strategist at Laddering Works, Eric V. Holtzclaw, joined us in the studio today to talk about common marketing mistakes companies make.
Click here for a link to Eric’s Inc.com column on the topic.
We also chatted about the reasons busy entrepreneurs and executives should spoil themselves and some easy ways to do it. Here’s a link to Eric’s article on that.
I need to know my customers better through #Laddering #BookAndClass @eholtzclaw @danahbarrett @biz1190
In the headlines:
- The defunct GM plant at 285 and Peachtree Industrial has a new owner and demo will begin within the next month to clear the way for a new (and huge) mixed use development.
- Friday crowds lined up before dawn for the new iPhone 6 and 6+. Of course chaos ensued. What is wrong with people?
- Atlant’s gas prices may feel painful, but they’re not as painful as they were the past 3 Septembers. So I guess we should count our blessings.
- The rising jobless rate in Georgia seems at odds with all the other stats out there showing consistent economic growth
- And speaking of numbers not looking right, it seems the Georgia Lottery has statistically impossible winners. We’ll tell you what’s going on and whether or not it’s legal.
Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club.
Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: DELIVERING HAPPINESS by Tony Hsieh – and the meeting is Monday October 13th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!