In the Guest Chair:
During hour one, Dana was joined by Muizz Sohani, Owner of Collage Boutiques. Muizz, who has a background in engineering, explained that he decided to leave the corporate world and start his own business, with his mother as his business partner. The first boutique opened in 2000 and now has expanded to three locations throughout metro Atlanta.
During hour two, Hans Utz, Partner at The Combine joined Dana in studio. The Combine, who’s motto is “Turning Good Ideas into Great Companies,” engages with entrepreneurs to help them to start & grow amazing companies.
In the Local Headlines:
- Georgia joins multi-state lawsuit challenging transgender restrooms order
- Giant home builder Toll Brothers looks to enter Atlanta apartment market
- Average Atlanta apartments not affordable for many, report says
- Cobb official behind Braves’ move forced into July runoff
- Atlanta still most robocalled city
- Delta putting $1 million into new automated security lanes at Hartsfield-Jackson
In the National Headlines:
- Craving Growth, Walgreens Dismissed Its Doubts About Theranos
- Theranos is sued for inaccurate blood tests and false marketing
- A $40 billion media empire at stake – At issue, the mental acuity of the 93 year old who has control, Summer M. Redstone.
- Business Insider, Wall Street Journal vets to launch Denver digital news startup and change the game for local news
- Who is Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel? Did he back Hulk Hogan’s lawsuit against Gawker?
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .