In the guest chair:
Navigator Management Partners‘ Dave Schoettmer, Founder and Chairman and Brian Sodl, Director of Consulting Services joined Dana in studio to talk all things consulting plus, their expansion into the Atlanta market.
Navigator Management Partners is a team of consulting professionals offering regional delivery of world class solutions and services including Project/Program Management, Business Process Analysis & Design, Enterprise Packaged Software Solutions, Organizational Change Management and Enterprise Architecture Strategy & Solutions.
In the headlines:
- Delta will be continuing to sponsor the Atlanta Braves as the team moves to it’s new home at SunTrust Park in 2017. The company has been a sponsor of the Braves since the team came here in 1966 and they plan to continue that in the new stadium with the Delta SKY360 Club (an 18,000-square-foot hospitality club), lots of signage and a Delta Medallion parking lot.
- Cobb County is moving forward with its plans to build a bridge from the Galleria, over 285 to the new stadium. Dana thinks this is a good plan, but of course she understands that cost is always an issue. The county says the bridge will cost $6-9 million, but the new pedestrian bridge over GA 400 in Buckhead cost $32 million, so some say Cobb is way underestimating.
- Spring is almost here and for many, that means wedding season. So brides, get ready… the women’s clothing retail store, Anthropologie is bringing their wedding line, BHLDN to Atlanta in their new location at Ponce City Market, set to open sometime very soon.
- Celebrity Chef, Richard Blais is being replaced at The Spence in Tech Square. But he had already kind of moved on… he now lives in San Diego and is focused on a new restaurant he opened there.
- Atlanta based, Chick-Fil-A is planning it’s first standalone store in NYC. They’re going all out with a three story location on Sixth Avenue at the corner of West 37th Street.
- And here’s a story of innovation Dana loved. A graphic artist and sassy t-shirt maker created t-shirts for toddlers that say “Fully Vaccinated” and “You’re Welcome” after her two-year-old was vaccinated. Shortly thereafter, the vaccine dilemma and measles outbreak hit the media. Suffice it to say, sales went from 4 t-shirts to 400… and the designer (who sells on Etsy) is now getting national media coverage.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.