In the guest chair:
ACG was in the house this morning on The Dana Barrett Show. Jason Goode of Alston & Bird and Sid Mookerji , Global CEO for SPI were both in studio for the first hour of the show. Jason gave an update on ACG, while Sid talked customer satisfaction and the web.
The Workplace Therapist, Brandon Smith was in for hour two of the show! Brandon discussed workplace emotions and explained why they are contagious.
In the national headlines:
- Chipotle is moving forward with plans for new stores in 2016 despite the E.coli and norovirus situations, slow sales, and plummeting stock prices.
- Online music streaming service Pandora Media may be looking for a buyer.
- Earlier this week, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration told Google that it would consider the artificial intelligence system that pilots its autonomous cars to be a “driver,” under federal law. Meaning the company can move forward with cars that have no pedals, steering wheel or other devices that would allow a person in the vehicle to override the system. Freaky!
- Thanks to some major acquisitions, Expedia’s profit is soaring. Expedia bought out several of its major competitors including one that will give them the ability to go head to head with Airbnb.
In the local headlines:
- The Atlanta Braves says it is not true that an agreement has been reached to keep the iconic statue of Hank Aaron in Atlanta after the team moves in 2017 to its new home at SunTrust Park in Cobb County, Ga.
- Could MARTA finally start moving into Gwinnett County? One State Rep from Duluth says it’s time and wants voters to decide.
- Kroger Co. may be looking to acquire the supermarket chain Fresh Market.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield last year mistakenly paid a Georgia medical supply company nearly $3.4 million, and the woman who owned the company refused to give it back. Finders, keepers. Or not.