In the guest chair:
Patti Newcomer, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Worldpay and King of Pops CEO, Steven Carse joined Dana live in studio for an interesting discussion on business in Atlanta, expansion and the future of payments.
Worldpay is a leading global payments technology and services company, which allows merchants to accept payments anywhere in the world, across any channel.
King of Pops offers unique, handcrafted ice pops made from local and organic ingredients.
In the headlines:
- Ready, set… March Madness is here. Get ready to stop caring about your actual work for a while. Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc., the outplacement firm, estimates companies lose as much as $1.9 billion in wages paid to distracted and unproductive workers due to March Madness.
- Atlanta based MailChimp helped the feds foil a spammer scam that led to federal indictments against three men who used legit looking email addresses to make you think you were dealing with well known companies you already did business with and then… bam… take your money. Go MailChimp.
- Finalists of the TAG Business Launch competition have been announced. Two of the finalists have been guests on the show: Uniquely Virtual and Hux. Congrats to both of them!
- Five Georgia film studios have banded together to form an alliance. The newly formed Georgia Studio and Infrastructure Alliance (GSIA) will serve as a legislative and educational advocacy group for studio and production support businesses in Georgia’s film and television industry. Another focus is educating new crew members to develop a more robust crew base, which Georgia sorely needs if it wants to keep productions coming.
- Atlanta will be host to a new Bowl game. The Celebration Bowl will be a face off between the MEAC and SWAC conference champions and the 2015 bowl is set for December 19 in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome.
- State Farm is considering going high tech for damage assessment in natural disasters. They have received regulatory approval to begin testing drones for commercial use. Seems like a great application.
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.