In the guest chair:
Cofounders of Country Club Prep, Matt Watson and Steven Glasgow, joined us in the studio today to talk all things fashion and startups.
Two guys, stuffy courtrooms and a dream – That’s where Stephen and Matt began, in a nutshell. After ivy league degrees and a combined 14 years of practicing law, the duo decided to ditch their scales of justice in the midst of an economic crisis to follow a shared passion of entrepreneurship by building the first and only online store dedicated to all preppy fashions.
Matt is co-founder of Country Club Prep where he guides the company’s operations and business development. Steve’s role at Country Club Prep includes business development and expansion, where he manages brand relationships and customer engagement.
“I think to succeed and commit to something you have to be authentic with it.”-Country Club Prep
“Shopping should be entertaining and fulfilling for the person doing the shopping.”-Country Club Prep
“There are a million ways to fail every day. We just try not to make bad decisions.”-Country Club Prep
“At the heart of our business we are a lifestyle brand.”-Country Club Prep
In the headlines:
- A local health-care startup community has wrapped up it’s first health-care hackathon here in Atlanta with a couple of interesting winning ideas, and some good jumping off points for the winners.
- So Coca-Cola has a newish lower calorie “healthier” coke called Coke Life that is now available at Fresh Markets around Atlanta.
- Governor Deal along with advocates like the Technology Association of Georgia are recommending that computer programming classes satisfy core requirements in schools.
- Georgia is looking to boost electric vehicle charging stations at state agencies, local governments and colleges by offering financial incentives to those who participate.
- And Mayor Reed was on the national stage this past weekend appearing on Meet the Press to talk about national issues like the shooting of Michael Brown and international issues like how to deal with the terrorist group ISIS.
- Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club. Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: ESSENTIALISM: THE DISCIPLINED PURSUIT OF LESS by Greg McKeown – and the meeting is Monday September 8th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!
- Click here to see my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Video!