In the Guest Chair:
We celebrated #CraftBeer during hour one of today’s show with Wild Heaven Beer‘s President, Nick Purdy. With the Georgia General Assembly’s passage of SB85 allowing direct sale of beer by Georgia breweries, Wild Heaven Beer announced plans for a second brewery and taproom. Nick gave the inside scoop on the new brewery, which will be located at the Lee + White development in Atlanta adjacent to the Beltline Westside Trail.
During hour two, Elijah Tutt, Candidate for State Senate, District 39 joined us in studio during hour two. Born and raised in Georgia, Elijah told his story of growing up in Georgia, surrounded by politics. The State Senate District 39 chair is currently held by Vincent Fort, whom is running for Mayor Atlanta. Elijah discussed his platform and why he’s decided to allow his voice be heard.
In the Local headlines:
- Georgia Senate OKs raise for governor
- Rollins, Inc. Receives 2017 Top Workplaces Award From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Amazon plans another massive Georgia fulfillment center
- Marietta Square may be getting a new food hall like Ponce City Market and Krog St Market in town.
- The Atlanta Film Festival kicked off last Friday, March 24, and continues through April 2 with a line-up of 163 movies.
- Does a city name need to sound like a city? South Fulton IS a new city but it kinda still sounds like just part of a county.
- A Republican State Representative introduces Georgia Legislation would ban discrimination based on sexual orientation
In the National Headlines:
- Repeal and Replace Didn’t Happen as Promised – is Trump Stumped?
- United Airlines in Twitter trouble over dress code rules
- Uber Suspends Self-Driving Vehicle Program After Accident
- Lyft says round up your fare and donate to charity
- NFL is looking for a partner to livestream games this season
- Amazon’s Ambitions Unboxed: Stores for Furniture, Appliances and More
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .