In the guest chair:
Groundfloor is the first microlending community for investing in real estate. Earn 8-12% interest, secured, starting with just $10. Learn more about how the process works here: https://www.groundfloor.us/infographs/how-it-works.
TeamOne Logistics designs and manages integrated workforce solutions that minimize the liability, cost, and complexity of your logistics enabled business.
In the headlines:
- Georgia has made its pitch to get another major US company to relocate here. This time it’s GE that is looking to relocate and Georgia was among 10 states that were invited to pitch back in July.
- Atlanta is getting another major league team here in town… this time it’s Lacrosse. The Atlanta Blaze is the official team name. The team will debut in April 2016, during the regular season, and will become the league’s ninth team. The Blaze will play its games at Kennesaw State University’s Fifth Third Bank Stadium.
- Ponce City Market wants to get into the amusement biz on top of everything else. Literally. They have filed a trademark for “The Roof at Ponce City Market” which will include an amusement ride, miniature golf and rental space.
- Bragging rights: The ABC had an article on Friday announcing the launch of an Atlanta based female led VC firm called Valor Ventures that will invest in female entrepreneurs. But guess who announced it first? We did. Last Wednesday!
- And the FTC may soon clarify what “unfair competition” means. Until now, the vague regulation allowed the FTC to judge whatever it wanted as unfair and companies had to just sort of guess. The politics of the issue according to the WSJ: “Democrats have worried that formal policy guidelines could limit enforcement flexibility to address evolving markets and business practices. Republicans generally have favored setting limits, believing an undefined power created the opportunity for government overreach and deprived the business community of clarity on what type of conduct was illegal.”
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.