In the guest chair:
The AJC Decatur Book Festival is the largest independent book festival in the country. Held annually over Labor Day weekend, the book festival features hundreds of authors in author talks, panel discussions, book signings, cooking demonstrations, poetry readings, parades, and more. All of our events are free and open to the public. Phillip is an award winning business leader with over 18 years community experience in sales, event planning, promotions, publicity, and advocacy.
Wild Heaven is a Georgia-based company created by lifelong Georgians – founder Nick Purdy and brewmaster Eric Johnson – that aims to be one of America’s great breweries as well as helping raise the profile of beer in the South. Wild Heaven beers are designed in the great tradition of European brewing but with a distinctly American creative flair. Nick spent 15 years as the Founding Publisher of award-winning pop culture media company Paste, called “America’s finest music magazine” by the Wall Street Journal and a four-time National Magazine Award nominee. Nick’s background is in marketing and media, including stints in advertising and also in consulting with Deloitte & Touche.
In the headlines:
- Tom’s shoes – the 1 for 1 social enterprise business is now 50% owned by Mitt Romney’s private investment firm.
- So, you know how Atlanta is becoming the Hollywood of the South? Now it looks like California wants to become the Georgia of the entertainment business. At least in terms of tax credits.
- Speaking of the movie biz. Atlanta developer Jim Jacoby has made progress on creating the “largest movie studio campus in the Southeast” in Gwinnett County.
- The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its latest “Hot Wheels” report this week. It lists the most stolen vehicles for 2013. And some surprising numbers on car thievery in general.
- And something is going in at the Dunwoody breakfast/barbeque joint – their either closed for good, or maybe renovating. Either way, you’ll have to find another place for your biscuits this weekend.