In the Guest Chair:
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
During the first hour of the show, Dana was joined by the lovely Northwestern Mutual Ladies, Kasey Gartner and Samantha Holowka. The ladies dished on DIY financial planning and explained the importance of having a financial advisor.
During the second hour of the show, Dana was joined by Ronnie Chance, Director at Georgia Prospers and Jordan Agolli, Founder and Host of Teenage Entrepreneur. Ronnie dished on Georgia’s Religious Liberty Bill, while Jordan explained the goal of his company & podcast and offered a few helpful tips for parents and teens.
In the National Headlines:
- 2016’s Best & Worst Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations.
- Etsy announces 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave — for dads, too!
- CNN to Pump $20 Million Into Digital Expansion
- U.K. Unveils Levy on Sugary Drinks.
- Sports Authority Plays Hardball in Suits Against Suppliers.
- The FTC is bringing action against Lord & Taylor over deceptive ads.
In the Local Headlines:
- “Religious liberty” bill could get vote today in Georgia.
- Construction CEO says Georgia’s contract for I-285/Georgia 400 project “is completely nuts”.
- Watered-down drones bill clears Georgia Senate.
- AJC Peachtree Road Race lottery registration opened March 15.
Think your company is the Best & Brightest? Atlanta’s Best & Brightest Competition is now accepting nominations through Friday, March 18th! Nominate your company here: bit.ly/20k4FJk
For other events and appearances: Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Take The Dana Barrett Show with you wherever you go with the biz 1190 mobile app, available at the App Store and on Google Play.