In the guest chair:
Attorney with Polsinelli, Matt Knoop joined Dana live in studio to talk about the changes to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the importance of having consent before calling your customers.
Polsinelli is a national law firm with 18 cities coast to coast with 750 attorneys. The firm opened an Atlanta office 18 months ago with a focus on labor and employment and litigation matters. Since opening the Atlanta office has added health care and real estate finance capabilities.
Plus, Adam Gajdharsingh joined the show for our weekly Work Hard/Play Hard segment, highlighting events in Atlanta.
In the headlines:
- MARTA has officially announced their partnership with Uber for first and last mile connectivity AND even more interesting they are adding WiFi to 50 buses.
- Speaking of partnerships with car services – Starbucks just announced a partnership with Lyft. Starbucks loyalty members will be able to earn points toward free drinks and food by taking Lyft. Members will also be able to reward Lyft drivers with Starbucks gifts via the app.
- The whole idea of a casino here in Atlanta is getting some more attention. Now, not only is MGM Resorts International expressing interest, but 3 other major casino companies are also in the mix. The area they want… Turner Field. It’s all just talk for now, as gambling is not legal in our state!
- Some news about the redevelopment of the old GM plant at Peachtree Industrial and 285…. Asbury Automotive has just purchased a part of the area for two car dealerships.
- Will the Atlanta Hawks move? Just maybe. They want a fancy new place to play too – so they’ll either renovate in their current location or move. One of the other possible locations is the now empty Civic Center site in Midtown and for now all locations under consideration are still in the actual city limits.
The latest issue of Hub Magazine is now available! The issue focuses on High-Tech Hospitality and features Eric Pearson, IHG CIO on the Cover.
Join us on Monday, August 10th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our August selection is Coined by Kabir Sehgal. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at American Food & Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Want to work on The Dana Barrett Show on biz 1190? We’ve got a an assistant producer / social media position open! Pass it on – or tweet Dana @DanaHBarrett.