T-G-I-F! We had a fun-filled Fri-YAY show this morning! Producer Joey joined us in studio, Dana gave the low-down on Dodd-Frank, plus Work Hard/Play Hard and of course, lots of sarcasm.
In the Guest Chair:
Our guest this morning was Albert Zdenek, Author and President & CEO of Traust Sollus Wealth Management LLC. Albert phoned in to discuss his new book, Master Your Cash Flow, financial planning, and empowering others to make better financial decisions.
In the Local Headlines:
- Georgia economy ranks better than average, but weak on innovation
- New Marvel series to film in Atlanta
- Board of Assessors delays decision on rescinding Fulton County notices
- Atlanta based Parkmobile Launches the Industry’s First Integrated, Automated On-Street and Off-Street Reservations Parking into all new BMW Vehicle Lines
- Atlanta Braves fans can toast their team with beer made from bats
In the National Headlines:
- House votes to kill Dodd-Frank. Now what?
- Saks Owner Hudson’s Bay to Cut About 2,000 Jobs
- Nordstrom Family Weighs Taking Retailer Private
- Verizon to Cut 2,100 Jobs at Yahoo, AOL After Merger
- Facebook adds new political tools for lawmakers, voters
Work Hard/Play Hard:
- Rock the Cure @ SweetWater Brewery
- Brookhaven BeerFest @ Brookhaven Park
- Celebrate Mississippi’s Bicentennial @ Mississippi in the Park Saturday
- Atlanta Cycling Festival
- Atlanta Streets Alive: An initiative on The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition
- Hampton + Hudson Launches Monthly Doggie Mingle on The Patio
- Duluth Arts Festival
- Concerts in the Garden @ Atlanta Botanical Garden Kicks off this weekend!
- Tunes from the Tomb @ Oakland Cemetery
For other events & appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .