In the guest chair:
Brandon Smith, regular show contributor, Workplace Therapist and founder of The Worksmiths LLC, chatted with Dana on air today about having emotional intelligence in the workplace and what it costs when you don’t.
The Worksmiths LLC, is a boutique executive coaching and culture consulting firm that helps clients craft top-performing workplaces.
In the headlines:
- Volkswagen CEO, Martin Winterkorn has resigned over the emissions scandal.
- And Trevor Noah has announced his first guests for The Daily Show reboot…
- Looks like the growing tech company N3 LLC may be headed to Buckhead. The company, currently located in Sandy Springs has been rumored to be looking inside the Perimeter, where it can be closer to the intown neighborhoods where the industry’s young talent wants to live. Now it looks like Piedmont Center could be the location of choice. Of note, they are one of the only Buckhead office complexes that does NOT charge for parking.
- Cobb County has approved a new name and logo for the Cobb County Transit buses. The new name will be CobbLinc. The whole thing is part of a new marketing strategy to encourage more people to use the county’s public transit system. Really Cobb? Please stop the madness and join MARTA.
- Georgia Power is warning customers about robbers impersonating their workers.
- And Chik-fil-A has gotten the go ahead to open a store in Denver airport following some controversy earlier this month.
Mark your calendar: The Dana Barrett Show extends to two hours (9-11am) starting Monday, September 28th on biz 1190!