In the guest chair:
Amber Saunders with FailCon Atlanta, plus Bruce Merrin (via phone from Vegas) and Chari Leitch of Bruce Merrin’s Celebrity Speakers & Entertainment Bureau joined Dana for a discussion on business “failure” and the value of celebrity speakers at corporate events.
FailCon, coming back to Atlanta on May 21, is a one day conference for technology entrepreneurs, investors, developers, and designers to study their own and others’ failures, glean the lessons and prepare for success.
Bruce Merrin’s Celebrity Speakers & Entertainment Bureau is dedicated to finding the perfect keynote speaker for events and conventions world wide.
In the headlines:
- The Wall Street Journal made a change this week that reflects the way Dana sees the world: after 27 years, they have changed the name of the ‘Marketplace’ section to ‘Business & Tech’.
- Pindrop Security, a previous show guest, has raised $30 million in venture capital and is planning to add 100 jobs here in town. Congrats to them!
- Caesarstone is also adding jobs in Georgia; they’re the engineered quartz counter top people and they’re bringing 130 new jobs to Richmond Hill, Georgia. Interesting how popular that stuff is!
- The Gates Foundation has sold it’s Coke stock and instead has invested in UPS.
- Nestle USA will be the first major candy company in the US to remove artificial flavors and colors from it’s candy. Yay! Dana likes the excuse to eat more chocolate.
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.