In the guest chair:
Kabbage‘s Jon Parise joined Dana to discuss their recent $135 million venture capital round. Plus, it was an ACG take over for the first hour of the show as Greg Cinnamon, Partner with Kilpatrick and Hillery Champagne of Mobility LIVE! were also in studio. For the second hour, 101 Best & Brightest award winner, Mark Gromek, Regional VP of Amerisure Insurance joined the show along with Choose ATL‘s Kate Atwood.
Kabbage helps small businesses get the funding they need to grow. Through a fully automated platform, businesses can link their latest business data, allowing Kabbage to review the overall health of their business to approve and provide lines of credit up to $100,000 in minutes.
Kilpatrick Townsend attorneys are fully engaged in the success of the firm’s clients. They deliver results-oriented counsel for corporations at all stages of the growth cycle, from the challenging demands of financial transactions and securities to the disciplines of intellectual property management. A close collaboration between the firm’s practice areas ensures that they are well-positioned to serve all of their clients’ needs.
Mobility LIVE! brings together key thought leaders and decision makers in the areas of mobile technology standards, strategies and innovations. Tap into the mobile industry and learn how to leverage the power of mobility through interactive programs. Mobility LIVE! is co-locating with GSMA Mobile 360 – North America for the second year in a row.
Amerisure Insurance Company is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners for Success® agencies and policyholders. As an A-rated (Excellent) property and casualty insurance company licensed in 50 states, Amerisure provides a comprehensive line of insurance products to protect businesses focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare through strategically located Core Service Centers.
The Choose ATL campaign has launched its latest initiative – the Ultimate Job Interview Contest to help some of the nation’s best and brightest recent graduates land a dream job in Atlanta. As the regional collaboration’s newest initiative, the competition aims to draw new talent to Atlanta and highlight the numerous types of careers the city has to offer. The contest began with a call for entries Oct. 1, and two weeks of public voting will start Nov. 3.
In the headlines:
- Microsoft’s Ignite 2016 conference is moving to Atlanta. The conference initially scheduled for Spring in Chicago has been moved to late September in Atlanta. Go us.
- The PATH 400 trail that recently opened in Buckhead will now extend out to Perimeter Center. The addition will connect Johnson Ferry Road to Peachtree-Dunwoody Road, with side paths to the west and north sides of the interchange.
- Ludacris is embracing his Atlanta roots in more ways than one. We recently shared his partnership with Atlanta startup, Roadie – and now Chris “Ludacris” Bridges will serve as an executive producer of a new drama about Atlanta gangs called “The Down Beat,” according to Variety.
- The Federal Trade Commission has decided not to ban Coca-Cola (KO) and PepsiCo (PEP) from labeling sodas as “diet.” A consumer rights group called U.S. Right to Know had petitioned the FTC to ban the use of the term “diet” because they said it was “deceptive, false and misleading.” Seriously.
- Is tipping for service going to become a thing of the past? The Union Square Hospitality Group, which operates 13 restaurants in NYC announced Wednesday it is eliminating tipping from all its establishments.
- Tesla Motors CEO, Elon Musk announced a new autopilot feature Wednesday would be available this week for the company’s Model S luxury sedan.
Join us Monday, October 19th for the next meeting of Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! We’re learning about the history of the digital revolution in this month’s selection: THE INNOVATORS by Walter Isaacson. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.