In the guest chair:
The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company is a U.S. financial services mutual organization based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Its products include life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and employee benefit services. Northwestern Mutual also provides consultation on asset and income protection, personal needs, investments, financial planning, estate planning, trusts, business needs, retirement, and employee benefits.
In the headlines:
- Two former Spanx executives have launched a fashion tech company here in Atlanta called Brrr!, creating accessories, home goods and clothing made of fabric designed to stay cool.
- TBS and TNT are both set for major re-branding. Both will now include more original content.
- Cox Communications is suing AT&T, claiming that the technology behind U-Verse infringes on several of their patents.
- NCR had a big international win this week. Their self checkout will now be used at Russia’s largest grocery store chain, Magnit which has more than 10,000 stores in 2,180 cities across Russia. The first wave of installations will be in 40 markets and they’ll go from there.
- Etsy says they now have 252,000 full time sellers. These people consider what they are doing on Etsy a business and not a hobby and they are doing it full time. Of note: 86 percent of the 1.4 million sellers on Etsy, or 1.2 million sellers, are women.
Join us on June 8th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our June selection is GOOD TO GREAT by Jim Collins. If you’ve been meaning to read this for years, now’s your chance! Or, if you read it years ago, time to refresh! Location TBD. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.