In the guest chair:
Stuart Bracken, CEO of Bioscape Digital joined me to talk about changes in healthcare and how they are using technology to solve the problem of patients fully understanding their treatments and medications. He discussed the Medicare/Medicaid “pay-for-performance” rules and how patient surveys DURING the hospital experience are helping the patient and the provider. He also talked about the recent acquisition of PictureRx and how their work on patient engagement as it relates to prescriptions fits right into Bioscape Digital’s mission.
In the headlines:
- General Mills Reverses Itself on Consumers Right to Sue! (I take full credit).
- Atlanta medical marijuana company poised to start distributing. High not included.
- Real Estate Developer Novare is eyeing a key corner in Midtown for new Apartment Tower
- Remember the Heartbleed bug we talked about a couple weeks ago. Well, did you know the software that so many companies and government institutions is relying on is open source and has only 1 full time employee? Yikes.
- And Yahoo – Oh Yahoo. They are struggling. We all know that. But how many struggling companies do you know of that give a guy who worked there for just over year a $58 million dollar golden parachute. I pull out the soap box for a rant on this one.