In the guest chair:
Northwestern Mutual is the marketing name for The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, Milwaukee, WI, and its subsidiaries. Northwestern Mutual and its subsidiaries offer a comprehensive approach to financial security solutions including: life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, Iife insurance with long-term care benefits, investment products, and advisory products and services. Subsidiaries include Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC, broker-dealer, registered investment adviser, member FINRA and SIPC; the Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company, limited purpose federal savings bank; and Northwestern Long Term Care Insurance Company.
In the headlines:
- A couple of new developments are being planned for Midtown: The Hanover Co. and The Loudermilk Cos. are partnering on a new Midtown mixed-use project on a vacant parking lot at Peachtree and 7th streets. Hanover will own and develop about 350 apartment units. Loudermilk will own and lease the roughly 43,000 square feet of office space and 11,220 square feet of ground-floor retail. And Southeast Capital wants to turn a vacant 2-acre Midtown parking lot into a 6-story apartment project and market the units to empty-nesters. So, instead of the tiny micro apartments aimed at millennials, Southeast Capital is going the other direction. Planning units up to 1600 square feet for those that want the in-town lifestyle but have paid their dues and aren’t looking for cramped quarters.
- The parent company of CBS 46 here in town has been been sold. Meredith Corporation was bought by Media General making them the third-largest local television station owner in the country.
- An update on the Apple announcement from yesterday… new iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S+. Some interesting new features at the same price. New bigger iPad as expected – to compete with Microsoft Surface tablet and Apple TV is adding Siri.
- Uber is officially doing food delivery in Atlanta. It’s kind of a cool idea – limited food selection – very limited delivery area, BUT the key is super fast delivery – like 10 minutes. It’s called Uber Eats and it starts today.
- And on the subject of food, Here to Serve restaurants is closing their Buckhead sushi concept, Aja.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.