In the guest chair:
Georgia State University’s Jason Aldrich joined Dana in studio to discuss the job outlook for business grads in 2015 (and beyond). He and Dana also covered interview and resume tips for college students.
Jason is the Executive Director of Career Management at GSU’s Robinson College of Business, which is dedicated to equipping students with the diverse skills needed to create value in a wide variety of organizations.
In the headlines:
- The Georgia House leaders have unveiled their transportation funding bill. They say they’ve figured out a way to raise more than $1 billion a year in additional transportation funding without raising taxes.
- NCR has filed a patent for a new technology that could totally eliminate checkout lines at the grocery store. The tech is affordable and has very few downsides. That said, if you are afraid of Big Brother, you might not be a fan of this new tech.
- Comcast has made yet another customer service blunder that is making national headlines. This time, they changed the first name on the printed bill of a customer who chose to cancel service. Instead of seeing his own name on his final bill, Ricardo Brown saw his first name replaced by a word that describes a part of the human anatomy that starts with ‘a’ and ends with ‘hole’. Oops. Suffice it to say the employee responsible has been fired and Comcast once again has some ‘splaining to do.
- Shake Shack (SHAK) made its debut on the New York Stock Exchange this morning with a $745.5 million valuation.
- As we move into tax season, millions of taxpayers are going to owe the Obamacare penalty for not having healthcare coverage and millions more who got coverage through the new system will have some new tax documents to figure out.
Turn your passion into profit and learn the Starbucks standards to producing excellent products and keeping employees satisfied. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of POUR YOUR HEART INTO IT: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz on Monday, February 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.