In the guest chair:
Polsinelli’s Brian McEvoy joined guest host, Eric V. Holtzclaw in studio this morning to talk health care fraud and what it’s costing our country. Ken Hilburn and Michel Guillet of Juice Analytics also stopped by to discuss their new book, Data Fluency.
Polsinelli is a national law firm with a growing Atlanta office. The firm focuses on health care, labor and employment, litigation, financial services, real estate, intellectual property and technology.
Juice Analytics is the creator of Juicebox, a new kind of platform for presenting data for non-analysts. In business since 2005, Juice has created information presentation solutions for companies of all sizes, from 3-person startups to Fortune 100 businesses.
In the headlines:
- It looks like we’ll play the “will they or won’t they” game about the Fed raising interest rates again in October — Fed Chair Janet Yellen says a hike next month “remains a possibility,” and that the Fed discussed raising rates this month before deciding against it.
- Atlanta-based, King & Spalding have opened an office in Tokyo.
- Georgia’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in August was 5.9 percent, down from 6 percent in July, Georgia Department of Labor said early Thursday.
- Amazon unveiled across-the-board upgrades to its whole FireTV line Thursday, adding a voice remote to its Fire TV Stick, overhauling its Fire TV box with faster processing and 4K video content, and installing Alexa, the voice-activated virtual assistant, into its whole lineup, past and present.
- McDonald’s is conducting a search for an outsider to replace its chief strategy officer, who was let go in a recent management shuffle, according to people familiar with the matter.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Mark your calendar: The Dana Barrett Show extends to two hours (9-11am) starting Monday, September 28th on biz 1190!