In the guest chair:
Uniquely Virtual CEO, Kenzie Biggins and Mark Myette, Director of Network Over 40: ATL joined Dana in studio this morning to discuss the benefits of going virtual, some tips on networking and why age matters.
With employees located in Atlanta, Uniquely Virtual helps companies manage and organize their business with virtual executive assistants.
Network Over 40 provides an outlet for this particular demographic to meet and build relationships in Atlanta.
In the headlines:
- A new 22 story residential tower is being proposed next to Piedmont Park.
- More tenants have been announced for Ponce City Market’s Food Hall.
- Veteran Atlanta developer, Loudermilk has big plans for “Buckhead Village” in 2015.
- More fallout from last week’s Sony hack; e-mails with Mark Cuban’s Shark Tank salary and some tense negotiations on the Mark Cubanisms Sony wanted to own have been leaked.
- Upstart Journal had an interesting article about Uber late last week… essentially saying Uber is way over hyped, the $40 billion valuation is overblown as they literally have NO assets AND that the idea that they will have a huge economic impact is absurd in that they add no new dollars to the market…they just move dollars from taxis or other forms of transportation from one supplier to another.
- You can still donate to the OK Cafe crowdfunding campaign – Go to: https://www.crowdrise.com/christmasfundforokcafestaff/fundraiser/johnmccoll.
Learn what motivates you, how to work smarter and live better. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of DRIVE: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink on Monday, January 12th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.