In the Guest Chair:
Rodney Sampson, Partner & Head of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives for TechSquare Labs phoned in to discuss a local incident involving an Atlanta coding student and why we need to stop racial profiling.
During the second hour, Legendary Lifestyle Coach, Chad Cooper, phoned in to talk “limp language” and the power of words.
In the Local Headlines:
- Atlanta’s 2016 resident satisfaction survey goes live.
- Farewell season at Turner Field for Braves kicks off today.
- Americans for Prosperity, a group backed by the billionaire Koch brothers, has launched a nationwide fight against corporate tax incentives and is taking aim at film tax credits in Georgia and other states.
- Atlanta to host International Downtown Association conference.
In the National Headlines:
- California has become the first state in the nation to approve a statewide $15 minimum wage.
- The Pentagon is offering $150,000 bug bounty for hackers.
- Cyberthieves’ Latest Target: Your Tax Forms
Check out Dana’s event calendar:http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Take The Dana Barrett Show with you wherever you go with the biz 1190 mobile app, available at the App Store and on Google Play.