In the guest chair:
“Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil” Author, John Berendt and Metabook Creative Director, Benjamin Alfonsi joined Dana live in studio to talk about the future of books and ways to get millennials interested in reading.
Metabook, just revealed at Midnight on Wednesday, is a digital book app platform, providing enhanced content.
Polsinelli is a national law firm with over 740 attorneys located in 19 offices including a growing Atlanta location.
In the headlines:
- Worldpay officially announced yesterday that they are giving $1 million bucks to ATDC, seeding a new business incubator program focused on creating the next generation of ways people and businesses pay for things.
- Home Depot wants Cobb County to give them $200 million dollars to keep their company headquarters there. Sheesh.
- Speaking of tax breaks, Delta Air Lines Inc. might lose a tax break it has enjoyed for nearly a decade if the current transportation funding bill is approved. A new amendment cleared a legislative committee Monday, with a provision abolishing the state’s sales tax exemption on purchases of jet fuel by Delta and other airlines.
- A California company is planning a technology-focused theme park on about 713 acres in Bartow County. If all zoning is approved, in addition to the theme park (which will be called Avatron Smart Park), the project will include two hotels, retail space and possibly a music venue and is expected to open in July 2018.
- There’s updates in the Kleiner Perkins vs Ellen Pao sexual discrimination lawsuit.
- Martha Stewart is taking her brand high tech and is talking about launching a Martha Stewart-branded, cloud software platform for homemakers.
- And NAWBO turns 40! When they started out, women were not allowed to be members of the Rotary Club, the Chamber of Commerce or The United States Junior Chamber. They couldn’t even take out bank loans without a male cosigner.
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.