In the guest chair:
Mike Jenkins and Tobi Lovelace with UGA’s Terry School of Business Executive Education Programs joined us in studio along with Polsinelli‘s Jim Swartz to discuss a host of end of year issues including, holiday party behavior, bonuses, performance reviews and planning for next year.
Executive Education is often part of a companies planning as they look ahead and Tobi and Mike shared options both for custom programs in-house at your company and individual options at the Buckhead and Gwinnett campuses.
Jim talked about terminations during the holiday season, suggesting that while not legally a problem, they are not good for the morale of the employees that remain. Jim and Dana also touched on performance reviews, bonuses and what NOT to do at this year’s holiday party.
Adam Gajadarsingh from SocialSave.com also joined us for Work Hard / Play Hard and caught us up on all the cool places to be this weekend!
In the headlines:
- Construction of the western leg of the Atlanta Beltline is now underway, spurring hope and some trepidation, too.
- SuperShuttle is launching in Atlanta.
- GM CEO Mary Barra is skipping an awards ceremony where she was to be honored due to recall related protests.
- YouTube has announced a new subscription music service to compete with Spotify and the like. Now Taylor Swift can be mad at them too.
- Twitter has reassured Wall Street with some vague buzz words, but Wall Street seems to have bought it. The markets are weird.
Has the stock market been rigged? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of FLASH BOYS: A WALL STREET REVOLT by Michael Lewis on Monday, December 8th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday