In the guest chair:
Courtney Schickel, Vice President of Marketing for Ingenious Med joined us in the studio to talk about improving the doctor-patient encounter. Seeking to put more physicians’ time with their patients, Ingenious Med automates the areas of care coordination, charge capture and advanced analytics for patient care teams. Schickel also discussed the aspects of patient data and security, explaining that Ingenious Med follows strict guidelines to protect patients’ privacy in this highly digital age.
In the headlines:
- It’s another David vs. Goliath business battle as food giant Unilever sues start-up Hampton Creek over use of the word “Mayo”.
- Telsa Motors is asking a Georgia judge to dismiss a petition by the state’s auto dealers association that would stop them from selling their cars in Georgia using their current direct sales model.
- Four Atlanta brands have landed on Forbes “Most Valuable Brands” list. (Top 100 Brands of the year).
- Garth Brooks joins Taylor Swift in trying to shift the way we buy or don’t buy music, but Spotify’s CEO Daniel Ek has something to say about all this.
- Victoria’s Secret has dropped their controversial “Perfect Body” ad campaign after some strong pushback from women. Um… their actual customers.
Has the stock market been rigged? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of FLASH BOYS: A WALL STREET REVOLT by Michael Lewis on Monday, December 8th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday