You’re not supposed to talk about money in polite company. Good thing I’m not polite.
In the guest chair:
Regular Contributor Leslie Kuban of Frannet has helped over 300 people transition from corporate life into being business owners. One of the biggest hurdles for her clients… their relationship with money.
Leslie joined me in the studio today to talk about why money gets in the way – and some ways we can change our thinking and maybe, just maybe get out of our own way. During our conversation, we referred to two articles. One about $75K being the magic number for being happy. Studies have shown that people who make less than $75K are not as happy but people who make more are no happier than the $75K earners. Weird, right? We talk about why. And we also touched on an article by Suze Orman about not letting money define you.
In the headlines:
- In case you missed it, Ebay has been hacked and suggests you go and change your password right away.
- Apps for the delivery of libations right to your door are all the rage – I for one am not so sure this is a good idea.
- And in other weird news, the Levi’s company CEO suggests that you shouldn’t wash your jeans at all. Ever. I don’t make this stuff up.
- And Patent Trolls Win as the senate tables the the patent reform bill… for now, at least.
- In local news, Braves President John Schuerholz is confident that Cobb County will give the new stadium project the green light. I thought it already had the green light – but that shows you how much I know..
- And the Savannah (Port Deepening Project) Harbor Expansion Project SHEP has now passed through the Senate cleaning the way for construction to begin.